VILLAGE OF HONOR
Regular Council Meeting Minutes April 11, 2022
Meeting Called to Order by President Sandman at 6:00pm.
Pledge of Allegiance: recited.
Roll Call: Council- Denoyer, Sandman, Sternburgh, Ward; Present.
Staff- Goodman, Reed, Adkins, Naulty; Present. Sessions; Absent.
Comments on Agenda: Christian “Jake” Leone introduced himself and stated he is interested in the open maintenance position.
Approval of Agenda: Ward requested Old Business items a. and b. be switched. Motion by Stemburgh/Ward to approve amended agenda; all ayes, motion passed.
Approval of Minutes: Motion by Ward/Stemburgh to approve March 14, 2022 Regular Counci l Meeting minutes as presented; all ayes; motion passed.
Approval of Special Meeting Minutes: Motion by Sternburgh/Denoyer to approve March 24, 2022 Special Meeting minutes as presented; all ayes; motion passed.
Guests/Presentations: Rick Turner of Diamond Z Engineering, representing True North. They are requesting approval for development project of a gas station/convenience store on US-31.
True North plans to carry gasoline and diesel fuel, as well as recreational fuel. There will be a 4,000 square foot brick building with a convenience and small grocery-type store. They will utilize their own lightning system and have appropriate landscaping, per Village of Honor Planning Commission recommendations. As for the existing business building, they would like to see it occupied by a new business in the Village, but there are no definite plans in place as of now.
Zoning Administrator: Rosemary Naulty, verbal report provided. No new LUP’s were issued. She has been busy working with True North on the public hearing and Special Land Use Permit for their gas station/convenience store. She has also had inquiries /interest in a new cabin rental business. It is still in very early stages.
County Commissioner/Fire Chief: Tim Markey, absent. E-mailed that he couldn’t attend due to illness. Also informed us of the passing of Frank Walterhouse.
Treasurer’s Report: Bank & Treasurer reports presented by Goodman. Noted new style of repo11s due to software upgrade. Motion by Ward/Stem burgh to accept financial reports. Roll Call: Ayes; Sandman, Sternburgh, Ward, Denoyer. Nays; none. Motion passed.
Submission of Bills/Checks: Presented by Reed. Noted new report due to software upgrade. Motion to approve by Sternburgh/Denoyer. Roll Call: Ayes; Sandman, Sternburgh, Ward , Denoyer. Nays; none. Motion passed.
- Audit proposal from Gabridge & Co. President will sign agreement for 2021
- FOIA request, Ward
- FOIA response to Harold Saffron.
- Vacant Council Resident Joe PeITi has expressed interest in filling the open position. After a few questions and comments, a motion was made by Ward/Sternburg h to appoint Joe Perri to the Honor Village Council with his term expiring November 2022. Roll Call: Ayes; Sandman, Ward, Denoyer, Sternburgh. Nays; none . Motion passed.
- Village Clean Up date is confirmed as May 21, the cost to the Village will be $56 per
- Motion made by Ward/Stemburgh to adopt Village Ordinance #49 Bond Authorizing Ordinance for our current Wastewater Treatment Roll Call: Ayes; Sandman, Ward, Denoyer, Stemburgh. Nays; none. Motion passed.
Motion by Sternburgh/Ward to adopt resolution 101-22, Sewage Disposal System Revenue Bond, Series 2022A for $942,000. Roll Call: Ayes; Sternburgh, Ward, Sandman, Deno yer. Nays; none. Motion passed.
Motion by Ward/Sternburgh to adopt resolution 102-22, Sewage Disposal System Revenue Bond, Series 2022B for $158,000. Roll Call: Ayes; Sandman, Ward, Sternburgh, Denoyer. Nays; none. Motion passed.
- Ward/Sternburgh motion to reimburse Doug Durkee $300 per month for the use of his sewer license until such time as we can hire and get accredited another sewer Roll Call: Ayes; Sternburgh, Denoyer, Ward, Sandman. Nays; none. Motion passed.
Motion by Ward/Stem burgh to compensate Durkee at a rate of $20 per hour for on-call services.
Roll Call: Ayes; Sandman, Ward, Denoyer, Sternburgh. Nays; none. Motion passed.
Motion by Sandman/Sternburgh to designate Doug Durkee Sewer Administrator upon position being vacated by Adkins; all ayes; motion passed.
- Resignation of Butch Adkins effective April 22, 2022. Regretfully accepted, motion by Sandman/Sternburgh; all ayes; motion passed.
Discussion regarding hiring replacement, formed interview committee of Bill Ward, Dennis Sternburgh, Butch Adkins, and Doug Durkee. Ad is in the local paper and interviews will be set up as candidates apply.
- Discussion regarding the hiring of seasonal maintenance person from May through Motion by Sandman/Sternburgh to allow up to $18.00 per hour and up to 20 hours per week for this position. Roll Call: Ayes; Sandman, Ward, Denoyer, Sternburgh. Nays; none. Motion passed.
Motion by Sandman/Sternburgh for up to $100 for two-week ad in local paper for this position. Roll Call: Ayes; Ward, Denoyer, Sternburgh, Sandman. Nays; none. Motion passed.
- Motion by Ward/Sternburgh to approve Resolution 100-22 to approve the True North Special Land Use Permit for parcel 07-508-035-00. Roll Call: Ayes; Denoyer, Sternburgh, Ward, Nays; none. Motion passed.
- Maintenance Report – Butch Adkins. Written report Both pumps are working and the sewer system is running smoothly, will keep up on maintenance. Old dump truck will be auctioned on Rangerbids.com on April 19, 2022. Honor Excavating will be adding gravel and grading Maley Park in early May. Village building is being repaired by Bearclaw Construction.
- Street Report – Butch Adkins. Written report s He will be cold patching Platte St. Resurfacing of Mill St. will begin in June, and cleaning of Platte is set to begin next week. He is trying to get additional sidewalk replacement done on Platte St. by early summer. Honor Excavating is scheduled out clean out Link Dr. ditches this summer. Butch also had the Village storm drains cleaned out, and will be addressing turf areas damaged by plowing.
- Ordinance Officer;
- Park Committee – Deb Reed-verbal report Mike Bozyk will be holding the flea market again on Tuesdays 10am to 3pm from June through September. The Village will no longer be charging him for the park use as our insurance company has advised us that could imply liability on the part of the Village. She requests we order two Port-A-Porty’ s to be installed in Maley Park beginning May 1 and go through October. Reed also states some areas are being tom up due to vehicles on the grass instead of the parking areas, and suggests we need to put up signs, or possibly a fence. Steve Stephens stopped in the office to inform us the flowerpots for the village will be filled soon by Eden Hill Greenhouse. We will need to make arrangements for delivery and pick up of the pots.
Motion by Sandman/Ward to authorize up to $450 per month for rental of 2 Port-A-Potty’ s. Roll Call: Ayes; Ward, Sandman, De noyer, Sternburgh. Nays; none. Motion passed.
- Sewer Committee; Bill Ward-no report.
- Budget Committee; Jeff Sandman-no
General Discussion: None Public Input
Adjournment: Motion by Sternburgh/Ward/ to adjourn meeting at 7:12pm. All ayes; motion carried.
Respectfully Submitted by: Reed/Goodman
April 12, 2022